In a message dated 9/6/00 8:17:04 PM EST, [log in to unmask] writes:

<<
 > Please don't hit REPLY and jump all over that Parkie, just calmly
 > reply to them off-list and say "Gee, I'm sorry to see you are not
 > yourself today, is there someway I can help?"
 > To me the keywords should be "Is there someway I can help
 > you today"?
 >
 > Maybe we are acting as Adults, and maybe that is the problem.
 > Kids are kinder to handicapped persons than adults are, maybe
 > the answer lies in trying to remember to accept persons and
 > their handicaps as a child would.
 >  >>

Marjorie,
Beautifully said.  Let's hope everyone follows your excellent advice.  I'm a
CG, not a PWP, and most nights I don't even get to the computer 'til late,
usually not 'til AFTER 11pm. (We've only one phone line, so I wait 'til after
anyone might call.)  For the past few days, it seems like all I've done is
hit the delete key.  I've had anywhere between 65 & 90 messages a day and
most I can delete without even reading them such as the posts about Bill I.'s
daughter's website.  I love this list.  I've learned a lot from it and the
people on it have been enormously helpful, even with my computer skills.  It
seems like whenever I need something, it's there and I do appreciate it.
BUT--when I don't get to sign on 'til 1AM after I've gotten Mother in bed,
I'm too tired to deal with all the squabbling.  It makes me sad, too, when
people who might benefit from all the wisdom on this list sign off because
all they see is a lot of sniping and bickering.
You know, this started out as a "well said, Marjorie" message and has evolved
into an "enough already" and, since I'm too tired to go back and start again,
I'm going to send it as is.

 Slightly loopy,
Eleanor  CG/Mother