  Last Saturday in the wee hours of the morning, I had to wake my husband who
is the PWP.  My heart was beating out of rhythm and racing at 180 beats per
minute.  This has happened before.  I called 911 and got Gordie out of bed to
unlock doors and turn on lights.
  The Aid Car medics decided that I needed to go to the ER.  My husband did
not want to go along as he would shake worse at the hospital.  I am OK with
going by myself.  So I leave him home sitting at the table shaking.  The care
taker part of me is really broken up leaving him to shake alone.  We do have
neighbors, friends, and relatives he can call.  He chooses not to call at
2:00 AM.
   He later took his morning Sinemet early and in a couple of hours he was
better.  Because of the pill time schedule change and his worry about me, he
was off much of that day.  I got home about 9:30 AM.
    I cannot help my medical emergencies, I feel awful leaving him, although
he doesn't seem to mind.
I don't really know how it feels to a PWP to shake uncontrolled for at least
an hour.  He says he is OK and does not need someone with him.  He really is
only comfortable with me seeing him at his bad times.  Am I making too much
of this happening?  I just do not know how to feel.  Does being out of
control make his Parkinson's progress faster or is it just uncomfortable?  I
am 58 and he is 63.  He was diagnosed in 1996 and started medication in 1997.
 He is currently on Sinemet, Mirapex, and Selegeline.
   I went to the ER in March in the Aid Car and this happened then too.  I
wanted to call my niece to come be with him, but he said he didn't want
anyone.
I have an appointment with my cardiologist next week, so maybe more can be
done with my heart arrhythmia.
   Jeannie Leroux