Kees Paap wrote:

> when I am  "off" ...real "off", then my arms weighs a ton and the mouse two !!
> It must not hit a little dust or I have already problems. A trackball helps
> but is useless when you are "on", because it doesn;t work (for me) as good
> as a mouse. If  you give me your address I send you my q-tips and my little
> bottle of alcohol:)

I use and like something called a "glide-point" by the Cirque
Corporation. Bought on sale years ago but haven't seen recently. A
little metal frame holds a flat plastic screen about 1.5 in high by
2 in wide, that responds to touch of a fingertip. Sliding touch
moves the screen cursor, just as with a mouse or trackball. One or
two light taps is a left "click" or "doubleclick", or you can use
the left- and right-click keys on the lower (nearest) edge.

No space-hog mousepad on my cluttered table, no irritating run off
the edge while I'm watching the screen, no groping for the mouse
while typing or editing, because the little pad never moves. Ideally,
I'd like it as near as possible to the "typewriter part of the PC
keyboard, so I wouldn't have to move my arm at all to reach it. The
"editing" keys (Insert, Page Up, Delete, etc.) get in the way for that,
but I did make a little metal stand for it, with holes for the rubber
feet so it won't slide around, that just fits ever so neatly over the
"numbers" keypad at the right-hand end of the "Windows" keyboard. For
you lefties, the problem solves itself. If I should ever need to use
that "numbers"  keypad (and I haven't, since the days a decade ago
when it held the 4 "shift" arrows) I can just set it on the table
temporarily.
Not without its minor problems, but especially for PWP having
difficulty with fine motor control, the GlidePoint is a godsend,
far preferable to joystick, trackball, or conventional mouse.
N.B.: NOT a sales pitch; I only hope you can still find one to give
it a try. Cheers,
Joe
--
J. R. Bruman (818) 789-3694