From: [log in to unmask]
Full-name: Mehmoirs
Date: Sat, 9 Sep 2000 12:54:35 EDT
Subject: "Parkinson's Disease  -  A  New Hope"  , Special Report
To: [log in to unmask]

Hi. my friends !

A special report from Harvard Medical School, PARKINSON'S DISEASE  - A NEW
HOPE,  by  John E. Growdon, M.D., Director, Memory and Movement Disorders
Unit,  Massachusetts General Hospital   Professor of Neurology, Harvard
Medical School.
 Excerpt from flyer I received:
   "Parkinson's is not fatal, but it leads to a variety of functional
disabilities. The
 report will help you understand this condition so you can make informed
decisions
 refarding treatment and long term care.  ... also offers advice on how to
better cope
 with the disease."
  Newly revised and updated, topics include:
        What arae the first signs of Parkinson's?
        How the brain is  affected by this condition
        What are the risk factors?
        The four main symptoms
        Coping with the diagnosis
        Medications and their side effects
        Surgical approaches
        Nutrition and exercise
        Concerns for caregivers
     I receive  several Harvard Publications.  I will try to abstract and
post to
  our list when this issue arrives. Otherwise  I will send copy to one of our
expert abstractors  with permission to post. (Joe "cheers" R. Bruman, who
writes
 Current Science Review.)
 If you want to order a copy:
  Harvard Health Publiations
  P.O. BOX   421073
  Palm Coast, FL    32142-1073
  $16.00  includes postage and handling.

I have several of this Harvard  Series: Alzheimer's, Osteoporosis, Vitamins
and Minerals, Stroke, The Aging Eye,  Hypertension, Arthritis, and  Low Back
Pain.
I find them interestingly presented and geared to sufferers of  peculiar
diseases,
such as we..

[log in to unmask]  (Mary Manfredi)

PS. The above is  not intended as an advirtisement