Wanda--  The cane is wooden, and the "wand" that you can step over is a
piece of red plastic, about 8 or 10 inches long, that is bent up against
the shaft of the cane most of the time.  When you need to use it, you push
it down so that it protrudes at a right angle to the cane itself.  Then it
is supposed to stimulate the ability to step over the wand, and break the
freeze.  The canes are ordered according to one's height.  In case you
missed my earlier post, here it is again---

To Bruce:
>YES!!!  I can't believe I actually found the brochure!   It is called the
>"StepOver Wand" and may be >ordered from
                HurryCane Products,Inc.
                16700 Bajio Ct
                Encino, CA  91436
                (818)789-9612
                Fax : 629-491-0157

                And as Barb M. added:
                "or via email at  [log in to unmask]
                Note regarding Lisa's email address:  There's no "U"
between the H
                and the Y."

.>The inventor and CEO of the company, Lisa Greenstadt, is herself a PWP.

Bruce wrote:
>I am just now sending for the brochure - maybe someone who has seen one can
>describe it to you.
>
>bba

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 82/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

           on PDWebring at
http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for