David...go to a opthalmologist and get checked.  It could be something
simple or something more serious. I had dry, sore, sometimes gritty
feeleing eyes, sometimes sensitive to bright sunlight for the longest time
and finally got checked....seems I have Sjogren's Syndrome which causes dry
eyes and dry mouth and can affect other organs of the body.  I was told
mine is "under the arthritis umbrella."  The opthalmologist can diagnose
using the Schirmer test which measures the amount of tears your eyes
produce and the MD can diagnose using a blood test.  Make sure you keep
your eyes moist as dryness can damage your eyes.... Both the opthalmologist
and the MD recommended REFRESH artificial tears as that's the brand that
contains NO preservatives..you can buy it over the counter..Good
luck....Joan Hartman

--- Joan Hartman
--- EarthLink: It's your Internet.