hi all

my earlier post was not intended to criticize
the concept of micro-wave oven safety tips;
quite the opposite in fact

if we want reliable consumer safety information
for an appliance as potentially dangerous as a micro-wave oven
where possible burns are an inherent major and recognized risk factor
i do believe we'd be best served by the manufacturers' instructions
and/or the relevant consumers advocacy groups

internet rumours, hoaxes, urban legends, and scare-o-grams
spread by game-playing resource-wasting dweebs
have no redeeming value, imho;
certainly not worth risking anyone's personal safety

if the situation were flipped around
i doubt that we would accept internet advice from
a shady character selling 'hot' micro-wave ovens from the back of a truck

janet
who owns parts of three computers
and
not a single micro-wave among them

janet paterson
53 now / 44 dx cd / 43 onset cd / 41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
tel: 613 256 8340 url: "http://www.geocities.com/janet313/"
email: [log in to unmask] smail: POBox 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada