This interesting phenomenon has been known for a long time yet the author
fails to mention another simple therapeutic tool. At least in the UK, all
common nouns can be replaced by the words 'thingammy'(thing-a-me) as in
"Where's the thigammy for undoing cans?" or 'whatsit' (wat-sit) as in "I
have one of those whatsits in my car" and in combination "I have a thingammy
for undoing whatsits"
For persons of greater intellectual capacity, a third multipurpose noun has
been introduced but should only be used with caution by those who have
received proper training and regularly undertake tongue exercises. It is the
'oojamaflip' (oo-ja-ma-flip)Now it is possible to produce quite complex
structures such as "You'll find the thingammy next to the whatsits on top of
the oojamaflip"
Work is now proceeding to replace other parts of the english language with
common use terms.

Alf
Adelaide