0100,0100,0100I have begun reading the book "Life's Dominion" by legal scholar Ronald Dworkin. The author distinguishes two issues which are often confused in the discussions and debates about abortion (and about euthanasia, or prolonging life, as well). 1. That the being in question has interests and rights, especially an interest in remaining alive. 2. That the being in question has innate value deserving of respect and protection. The distinction can be illustrated in this example: A person in a persistent vegetative state may have no interest in remaining alive but his/her life may be sustained because of reason 2. These issues apply to embryonic stem cell research, and I will try to summarize relevant points when I get farther into the book. Phil Tompkins