Date sent:              Tue, 12 Sep 2000 08:50:44 -0600
Send reply to:          Parkinson's Information Exchange Network <[log in to unmask]>
From:                   Kelly Grant <[log in to unmask]>
Subject:                NON PD - Micro wave caution
To:                     [log in to unmask]

> What usually happens then is the liquid is bumped or jarred, which is
> just enough of a shock to cause the bubbles to rapidly form and expel
> the hot liquid. The rapid formation of bubbles is also why a
> carbonated beverage spews when opened after having been shaken."

I have also had the experience of, after heating the water in the
microwave, and then adding the instant coffee, the liquid suddenly
bubbles up and overflows.  This must be the same principle.

Best,

Bob

Robert A. Fink, M. D., F.A.C.S., P. C.
2500 Milvia Street  Suite 222
Berkeley, California  94704-2636
Telephone:  510-849-2555   FAX:  510-849-2557
WWW:  http://www.dovecom.com/rafink/

mailto:[log in to unmask]

"Ex Tristitia Virtus"