On 8 Sep 2000, at 12:32, Alf Cousins wrote:

> Thanks for the many responses. So far there hasn't been anything to conclude
> that if you don't have PD what you may have is more likely to be worse, or
> better. One of the articles on the diagnostic test sums it up. If someone
> tells you that you have PD and there is a 1 in 4 chance they are wrong and
> what you really have is less severe, then you don't want to rush into
> potentially harmful therapy if you don't need it. But if they tell you that
> you have PD and there is a 1 in 4 chance it's something worse, then the
> sooner you are being medicated the better. I hope the diagnostic will be
> available before too long. But can anyone tell me, is SPECT done on the same
> machine as CAT or is it done on PET? I ask because I am told that in the
> whole of Australia there are only two or three PET scanners and they are
> only used for university research. So if the test needs that facility, there
> is buckley's chance of getting it done! Back to the drawing board.... has
> anyone heard whether you can diagnose with water diviners??? We do have some
> of those at least....
> Alf
> Adelaide
> 50 <1 48

Hi Alf,
There is a ton of info on scanning and PD on the WWWeb Resources...

Go to: http://www.geocities.com/janet313/pienet/wwweb/index.html

Scroll down to: 04: Imaging MRI PET SPECT

I hope you might find some answers there...

Cheers....... murray

View the Parkinson's Awareness Links at:
http://www.geocities.com/janet313/pienet/wwweb/index.html