Houston Area Parkinson Society

HAPS GOLF CLUB

5th Annual 2000 Parkinson's World "Home Course"
Golf Tournament

*********PLAY RIGHT AT TOWN**********

10 September 2000 to 07 October 2000

Golfers:

This notifies and invites you to participate in the "5th ANNUAL 2000
PARKINSON "HOME COURSE" WORLD GOLF TOURNAMENT."  This invitation is for
people who are physically challenged by Parkinson's disease or other causes.
The objective of this tournament is to encourage those with physical
disabilities to live a more active lifestyle and to have some fun.

All those interested in participating, email me for rules of play and
instructions.  See below for more information about the tournament.

Kathy Ogden
Houston Area Parkinson Society

More about the tournament:

John Leonard started the HAPS Golf Club about 7 years ago and the annual
tournament 5 years ago.  The objective was to offer golfers challenged by
Parkinson's or other physical disabilities an opportunity to play
competitive golf, patterned after the PGA tournaments, to have successes,
and receive recognition and rewards for these successes.  They do have fun
from what I hear.

These tournaments have no entry fees.  The only cost to players is the usual
green fee at their home course.  The participants play on a course of their
choice, modified to fit the "HOME COURSE" configuration specified in the
instructions.

(Caregivers are invited to play but will compete in a special flight for
caregivers.)

The tournaments are funded by sponsors much the same as the PGA.   In the
past, we've had only one sponsor making a large contribution.  This year, we
are sending out several letters looking for perhaps smaller contributions.
We are late getting started this year, because John was in the hospital.
This means we may not have award monies.

The purse size and distribution of awards will be determined by whatever
monies are raised from now until all scorecards are received.  The monies
are awarded to the top 70% of the players.

For more information, email [log in to unmask]  Thanks for your
participation.