A doctor once defined diabetes to me as
"A race to see which organ will be first to fail."
However good things are possible for diabetics.
Excellent meds, exercise and diet all are helpful.
I've gone through the Pritikin program in Santa Monica twice (For heart).
Their diet helped many diabetics go off -- or at least lower -- insulin
intake.
We had supervised exercise five days a week.
As a heart patient I was instructed to exercise one more day per week and be
sure to take one day off for rest.
Diabetics were told, "Exercise seven days per week."
So there you have it -- good diet and exercise are very critical for good
health by a diabetic.  Now start doing your aerobics!
Sid Levin