> From:  janet paterson <[log in to unmask]>
> Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2000 10:03:13 -0400
> To:  [log in to unmask]
> Subject: NEWS: BBC: Jobs 'linked to Parkinson's'
>
> Jobs "linked to Parkinson's"
>
> Monday, 11 September, 2000, 23:38 GMT 00:38 UK - People who work with
> solvents such as petrol or rubber have a high risk of developing
> Parkinson's disease, according to a study.
>SNIP

Hi Janet

Thanks for the article. It starts one to think.

IF petrol is related to causing Parkinsons Disease, then I wonder if the
fumes, produced by vehicles using petrol fuels, that people would breathe in
daily, in a city, could also cause Parkinsons????? Also could it be the same
for farm or rural people who work on tractors, or road construction, or any
construction workers using fuel burning machines almost daily. Yes machinery
and vehicles do have exhaust pipes but atmospheric pressure on a lot of days
pushes the fumes back down directly into  peoples' and workers' faces. Since
most farm  and construction machinery now comes standard with cabs, that may
not be a current issue for rural folk , but all weather cabs were not part
of construction or rural life for probably 60-80 years or more.

Wonder if there is any data correlation between--carbon monoxide
exposure--ie result of burning petrol-- and people with Parkinson's??????

Just Curious.

Don 51/3 pd+