Dear friends,
    Barbara Blake-Krebs and Linda Herman are happy and privileged to
announce that last week we signed a contract with Hunter House
Publishers, a small press in California, to publish "Behind the Masks,"
our unique look at Young Onset PD world-wide. It will be listed under
it's new title, "When Parkinson's Strikes Early"  in Hunter House's
Spring 2001 catalogue, hopefully in time for PD awareness month in April.
 All royalties will be donated to PD research and to projects that help
ease the burden and improve the quality of life of those battling this
disease.

The collection of writings in our book form a global conversation -
representative of the ongoing talk taking place in one community we care
deeply about - PIEN - but being applicable in many ways to any community.
 This listserv has empowered many individuals and their caregivers since
its founding in November 1993 in the management of their disease, and has
nourished a community of patient-activists,  who reach out to educate
others. This form of self-help has changed many a life, including ours.

We wish to thank everyone who encouraged us to go forward with this
project - our contributors, readers, reviewers and especially our friend,
Jeanette Fuhr, for her support and cheers. Our admiration and gratitude
goes to Barbara Patterson, who created and nurtures the Parkinsn List,
which has transformed the lives of PWP all over the world.

Please look for our next announcement with more details about content,
length, and ordering information.  Also, over the next few weeks, we will
begin re-contacting all slated contributors for updated information and
formal permissions.
Our best regards,
Linda & Barb
            ______