Sandy,
The apomorphine was definitely the saviour for me. You will need to go on a
course of Motillium (Donperidone), which was unavailable in the states but
maybe in Canada.  It's  an anti- nausea tablet that does not worsen the
Parkinson's. Take that for three days and start the apomorphine injections.  I
t will give instant relief for a short period but allow the Sinemet to kick
in.  It saved me. Watch you are not taking too much Sinemet at night. I have
had Pd for around 12 years and this symptom of freezing was with me in the
5th year.  It returned briefly when I tried Comtan. I got rid of it then by
the doctor administering intravenous Cogenton.
Good luck
Peter Dawkins