I'm back from a 5 day camping trip and back on the list.

I was with 150 men who are in one or another stage of recovery from what
one source calls a "hopeless state of mind and body."

I was asked to give a talk to this group, plus a couple dozen local
residents of Mamoth Lakes, last Saturday night.

Not many years ago the anxiety over getting up and talking to such a
group would have been overwhelming, and even more so if my PD were at the
stage it has reached.  I didn't hesitate for a moment, however, and the
talk went well.  Here is the crux of what I shared.

In each moment we have a choice and it is a simple one.  We can choose
Love, or we can choose fear.  There is nothing sinful or "wrong" about
the choice for fear, it merely brings with it the consequences of itself.
 Choosing fear usually results in isolation, anger, resentment, guilt,
pride, greed, depression and other such unhappy sensations.   The
judgments of and demands upon others which we make from fear cause
hostility and separation.

Choosing Love brings peace, connection, a sense of oneness with all
things, kindness, compassion, and service for free and for fun which
perpetuates the connection with others and makes joy a constant
experience.

When I choose to judge any person, place, thing or situation as
unacceptable to me (unworthy of being loved), that is a choice for fear,
and as such it robs me of the serenity and joy which the choice for Love
brings as a natural consequence of Itself.  The most depressed folks I
know share a common trait of withholding love from themselves (and here I
am not speaking of the chemical based CD common to us, which, when it
responds to drug therapy, goes away).

I know how nauseating the next comment will be to many, but Love requires
that I share my gratitude to Parkinson's disease for teaching me more
about living in the now that all the meditation, reading and desire of my
past could accomplish, and for broadening the opportunities to choose
Love on a daily basis.  Parkinson's has taken me from a place where the
winner between Love and fear was an issue too close to call, to where I
feel comfortable in saying that Love is the odds on favorite to carry me
to the finish line of this Earth experience.  In a word, I accept my PD
as an invaluable teacher.

There was a time not long ago when fear would have frozen my finger over
the send key (fretting about being perceived as prideful, arrogant,
etc.), but not this morning.  This morning Love tells me that those in
touch for a moment with the Love within will respond with love, and those
too in touch with fear in the moment will have a fear based reaction and
move on; but perhaps with a little seed planted.

The one thing I have come to know for sure, we are all children of Love,
so my choice today is really no choice at all, but to ask, in each
situation I encounter, "What does Love wish me to do?"

Love
Chuck