What does my Parkie do when I go to the ER at 2am.

This topic caught my attention because I have been in a similar
situation.......
But I am the Parkie not the CG. This is what happened a year ago.

My husband went to the ER at 3am, but  not for heart or stroke. His
entire digestive stystem went on strike and his GERD had turned into a
medical emergency.  The worst case —  surgery!

Now I manage quite well when the meds are working but I have been
assessed by occupational therapists who think I should not be alone
because when I am ‘off'‘
I can't walk or get up from the bed without help.

There is no family nearby --mine is 1500 miles to the west, his is 2000
to the east.

Fortunately I was ‘on' and he could walk so together we set out pills,
water,  juice, crackers,  phone, address book, & TV Remote — and my
duvet --- beside the chair I can get up from.

He went off in a taxi and I settled down to nap under the duvet.  The
reason I was so calm was that the next morning a caregiver was due to
arrive and I knew that I could manage for 5 or 6 hours. It might be
miserable but I could do it.

Every thing worked out well. I kept in contact with the hospital,
surgery was not needed, the CG got me washed, dressed and fed, and we
went in a taxi to pick up
my husband.
You could call it "All's well that ends well"

What we learned from this.
Make a Plan
Be Prepared
Be organized
Don't be surprised
Get the Parkie accustomed to a caregiver
More than one caregiver should know the parkie routine
Have backup caregivers and backups for them

Do we follow our own advice?  Of course not!
Anne Rutherford
NEW EMAIL ADDRESS