On Thursday Sept 14, Michael J. Fox is scheduled to testify before a
congressional committee. Among other things, he will give testimony as to why
the NIH (National Institute of Health) should budget money for stem cell
research. (It will probably be on C-SPAN.)
 There are many pivotal states in this fight for research freedom. SO CALL!
KNOW FIRST:
The primary source of undifferentiated stem cells is the left-over eggs from
the invitro fertilization program. There is a strong movement afoot to stymie
the use of stem cells from leftover eggs. Stem cells from other sources have
limitations such as life span, flexibility and other factors that tell the
scientists that the early source stem cells are probably the BEST source.
What you can do to help:
Call your Congressman and your two Senators (They need a push).
Tell them: urge them to join Michael J. Fox and all Americans living with a
disease or disability by supporting federal funding for stem cell research.
Every Representative and Senators office can be reached by calling
202-224-3121 and asking to be connected to the individual Senator or
Representatives office.  Please don’t deliver your message to the operator.
Make sure you get connected to your legislator's office. (Know their names --
before you call.)
Talking Points:
   “I support Michael J. Fox in urging federal funding of stem cell research.”
   “The promise of stem cell research is too great to restrict or delay any
longer.”
   “Saving and improving lives of our citizens should be our governments
highest priority.”
   “All aspects of stem cell research must be aggressively pursued.”
Feel free to add other reasons that come to mind.
BUT CALL!
It's best to call the Washington number, but a call to their local offices in
addition doesn't hurt.
You probably will not get to your Congressman, so ask for his legislative
aide and or person responsible for health issues.
(Remember, it's not only Parkinson's: Stem cell research has great potential
for curing: Arthritis, Diabetes, MS, ALS, Krohn's, and scores of other
miseries.)
Let us swamp their telephone lines with calls. Ask friends and relatives to
call also.
.
Good Luck
Sid Levin