                               now and again

     now

     irregardless of what's really going on out there
     beyond our scratched and smeared and cracked and bleared visors

     we create our own little trials and terrors
     with our own little pea-pod brains

     we not only create them in the present with mis-perceiving
     but we even re-create them in the past with mis-remembering

     we construct worlds on assumptions
     and wonder why the walls crack

     we inflate theories with compressed illusions
     and flinch when they explode in our faces

     we scheme and plan and concoct ways and means
     to get more of what we think we lack

     we seem to think
     but do not yet realize the glory of our minds

     we appear to see
     but do not yet recognise the distortion in the reflection

     and again

     a moment shines with the sun
     and
     perception resolves into knowledge
     and
     we are innocent and invulnerable
     and
     our fear dissolves into love
     and
     we have and give everything
     and
     the past melts into light
     and
     we understand peace
     and
     our minds rejoin
     and
     we are joy

     janet paterson
     2000/09/13

     http://www.geocities.com/janet313/wordsoth/2000/20000913.html

janet paterson
53 now / 44 dx cd / 43 onset cd / 41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
tel: 613 256 8340 url: "http://www.geocities.com/janet313/"
email: [log in to unmask] smail: POBox 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada