From: Marjorie L. Moorefield [mailto:[log in to unmask]]
Sent: Saturday, September 16, 2000 7:13 AM
To: [log in to unmask]
Subject: Re: USA Today: Stars urge stem cell research funding

Phil,
How anyone can look at, and listen to the persons who testified for
Stem Cell Research in the Senate hearing, and not see the pain and
suffering , and the need for a cure, is beyond my comprehension.

  However, I have lived long enough in this old world, to know it's a waste
of time and
energy to try to change anyones mind over stem cell research.
Either they are for it or against it,  any of us can propose good,
articulate
arguments, and its not going to change their mind. Save your energy and
concentrate on the people who will vote for this. Rev. Saltzman will not be
given a chance to vote, but Senator Sam Brownback will, they are both
from the same State, so concentrate on Sen. Brownback.

BOTTOM LINE: Only the elected Senators and the elected members of
the House of Representatives are the one who will be allowed to vote.
We need to concentrate our energy on getting them to vote YES.
I sent the list the URL to find their elected officials, I'm depending
on all members of this list who believe in Stem Cell Research to
contact their elected officials and even send messages again to the list
of Senate members on the committee who held these hearings.
I posted their names and addresses to the list also.

We have our work cut out for us, and less than a month before
the vote is called, so please everyone, concentrate your energies
where it will do the most good.

just me,
Marjorie