Hi Fran...

COenzyme CQ 10 has been commented on (as opposed to " prescribed"
which are two different things!) by several if the neuros  who
have been guest speaker at assorted PD discussions, support
groups, and the  like which I've attended over the years.
Generally, this is in response to specific questions by members in
the audience as.

MOST of the neuros kind of shrugged and mumbled something like
"well this isn't considered to be LEGITIMATE medicine ..." and the
next thing ya know, the neuro changes the subject!

In the past coupla years, a few neuros have, if not espoused CQ10,
have claimed that while it's still considered "alternative
medicine" there MIGHT be some value  for the PWP in it.

BIG SURPRISE:  DENTISTS are beginning to speak highly if CQ10's
ability to hold gingivitis at bay and I've come across several
articles on the medical-related Web pages by well respected
dental-related Web sights which outright said that CQ10 is a BIG
help in keeping ones gums healthy and recommended as an EDUCATED
GUESS 300 mg (while claiming that no EXACT amount is known thru
FDA or related testing.

Personally, I've tried CQ10 300 mg. on a daily basis for a period
of six months and found that overall I had more energy and
generally felt more comfortable (and at that time the CQ10 was the
ONLY new supplement I was trying out).

My GUMS and overall dental health have never been so good as they
were during the time I took CQ10!

The ONLY reason I stopped taking the CQ10 was the price, which was
waaay more then I can afford.

I have no monetary interest in any pharmaceutical company and any
comment I make regarding CQ10 or other drug of supplement is based
upon my own experience.

Barb Mallut