Nancy, try this
http://www.lycos.com/srch/?lpv=1&loc=fromnetscape&src=NETSCAPE&query=Multipl
e+Systems+Atrophy+Research

There's a paper dated 1/31/99 that may supply info.   Also, I would think
that research done for PD pulls in the PD+ers, too.
If I come across anything that might help will pass it on.

Also responded to a note from you, but it disappeared from my screen.  If
you don't get it, let me know, and I'll begin again.

May we all walk in the headdress of the sun.