At 09:16 PM 09/19/2000 -0500, you wrote:
>And.......with all our progress......don't you just wish......just
>   once......you could slip back in time and savor the slower
>pace.......and share it with a child of the 80's and 90's...........

Thanks Lanny,
That's beautiful!!
But in all honesty, if I had to learn as much as these Children
of the 80's and 90's have to, when I was going to school, I'm not
so sure I'd make it.

The first year that the history of WWII hit the history books was
the last semester of my senior year of high school!!

Telephones had operators who made the call for you, information
from Southwestern Bell was free, and they'd even tell you the time
if you asked!
There was no Television, and the
Motion Picture Show only changed twice a week, and
you could only buy popcorn the first 30 minutes of the movie,
and you couldn't take any liquid drinks inside.

I learned to drive in 1948, on an old 1939 Plymouth with the gear shift on
the floor,
people kept cars a lot longer then. No one thought anything about who had the
newest car in the neighborhood, because you only bought a new one if the old
one couldn't be fixed, or you had a wreck!

Most children had after school jobs, and any spare time you had you spent
at the public library, and day dreamed about becoming a librarian someday.

There was no forced air furnaces nor air conditioning---Thanks but no thanks--
I kind of like my life the way it is. If it gets too hectic for me I can
always go to
Barnes & Nobel,  get a cup of tea, and lose myself in a book. But thanks
for making
me remember for a little while.

just me,
Marjorie