text version of:
"http://www.anaesthetist.com/software/brain.htm"

The Brain Test

The Brain Test is a simple way of assessing BRadykinesia,
Akinesia and INcoordination.

Its major advantage is that it uses a standard "101" key
keyboard - expensive, complex, customised devices are not
needed!

It is compact (The installation file is about 120K).

How It works

You will need only:

* A PC compatible (preferably 386 or above) with a
101 key keyboard and colour screen, running MS DOS
or Windows, with a little spare memory (say a few
hundred kilobytes);
* The brain test software (below);
* Two small red stickers;
* Time.

Put the two red stickers on the "S" and ";" (semicolon)
keys of the keyboard, run the Brain Test software,
and ask the subject to repetitively depress the S
and semicolon keys, alternating between the two.

The software will report on the number of errors
(missed keys etc) and other performance indices.

Download your copy

To download your copy, click HERE.

If this fails you can download the file by file
transfer protocol (FTP) at:
ftp://www.anaesthetist.com/pub/brain303.exe

How to install the Program

1. Decide on your source drive (eg the stiffy drive A:)
and destination drive (eg the hard disk C:). Below
we assume that the source is A: and the destination
is C: but you may use others.
2. Download the file BRAIN303.EXE as above, copy it
to a "stiffy" and insert the stiffy into the A:
3. Get into DOS (In Windows 95/98, click on
Start | Programs | MS DOS Prompt)
4. Type in A: and press the Enter key.
5. Run the self-extracting archive BRAIN303.EXE by
typing BRAIN303 and pressing Enter:
6. Finally, type in INSTALL A C to install from the
A: to the C: drive. DO NOT type a colon after the
A or the C, or the installation program will curse
you mildly! Similarly, to install from the B: to
the D: drive, you would type in INSTALL B D

Cost

The program is provided at no cost.

You use it at your own risk - all software is inherently
unreliable, but we have tried to make it as user-friendly
and crash-proof as we can.

If you are so grateful for the program that you want
to cover us in cash, rather send the money to your
nearest branch of e.g. the Multiple Sclerosis Society,
which does great work.

Upgrades

We're still playing with ideas to improve this simple
program.

When we trust Window$ a bit more (and are really sharp
at writing VXDs) we'll make a bulky Windoze version
with featuritis.

Need help with this page?

Try [log in to unmask]

janet paterson
53 now / 44 dx cd / 43 onset cd / 41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
tel: 613 256 8340 url: "http://www.geocities.com/janet313/"
email: [log in to unmask] smail: POBox 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada