Murray---I do hope you are right !  I had to wonder if the purpose of
deleting the title one word at a time was to force delays in the process,
having to vote on all 14 rather than just one, which it seems could have
been done!   Otherwise, why not just add the prohibition on cloning and
animal work and let it go at that?  Still curious-----

>Hi Marjorie and All,
>I'm home from work and reading this again, it appears
>Senator Brownback is not the *ogre* I feared.
>
>Amendment S.AMDT.4140 is an entirely new piece designed to
>clarify and ensure that this research does not include
>cloning humans or animals or genetic mutations of both.
>
>I can't see any problem with that.  This is simply part of the
>necessary process... applying checks and balances... exercising
>freedom of speech... applying accountability...
>
>Amendments S.AMDT.4141 through S.AMDT.4153 simply remove the line 4,
>one word at a time.
>"This Act may be cited as the `Stem Cell Research Act of 2000'."
>
>Who cares what they call it?
>
>Does this mean that if a vote were called and Brownbacks amendments
>were included, that he would then be in favor?  I think so.
>
>Now we just have to remind ALL the representitives that there is only
>a few weeks left to read it into the record, vote, etc.
>
>Stay on the phone lines... Don't relax yet...
>
>Remember "It ain't over 'till it's over"
>
>Regards .... murray

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 82/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

           on PDWebring at
http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for