hi all

At 11:13 2000/09/15 EDT, jim finn,
the only parkie i know who is getting better before our very eyes,
wrote:
>Group -
>
>As you know, I rarely post to the ListServe unless there is some
>important news.  Well, what follows certainly qualifies.
>
>I have just received permission to announce an upcoming television
>program in which I have a small part.  Back in March a film crew
>from England's famed BBC was here for an interview about my
>"pig cell" implant surgery.  They filmed as I drove my Triumph
>around town, walked the nearby shore, and conversed in the living
>room.  It took an entire day for them to complete their work.
>
>Apparently the program is nearing completion.  I expect to have
>an airing date shortly.  In the UK it will be part of a series
>on medical technologies which is shown on BBC One.  In North
>America I believe it will be broadcast on either Discovery or TLC.
>I'll let the group know as soon as they tell me.
>
>End of story?  Not quite!  Yesterday I received a letter from
>Secretary Shalala at the Dept. of Health and Human Services in
>Washington.  It was a formal request to be on a special committee
>concerned with xenotransplantation.  The position is that of a
>Patient Advocate.  I am both thrilled and honored to be considered
>for this important role.
>
>I'll keep you all informed -
>
>Jim Finn

jim, the bbc tv show is great news!

we canajuns might see bbc programs on
discovery or tlc or cbc or tvo or pbs or ...
just let us know when, eh?

i am also thrilled and honoured to be on the receiving end of your
patient advocate xenotransplantation committee role news!
will priscilla accompany you? wow!

i guess all this means i'd best update your web pages, no?
oops, i mean, eh?

with hugs and oinks

janet

janet paterson
53 now / 44 dx cd / 43 onset cd / 41 dx pd / 37 onset pd
tel: 613 256 8340 url: "http://www.geocities.com/janet313/"
email: [log in to unmask] smail: POBox 171 Almonte Ontario K0A 1A0 Canada