On 15 Sep 2000, at 8:49, janet paterson wrote:

> hi all
>
> if the listserver says you are not subscribed
> but you are receiving list-mail anyway,
> there is a discrepancy between the e-mail address
> that the list-server recognises
> i.e.
> the e-mail address which you used when you first subscribed
> and the e-mail address which you are currently using.
>
> compare the "From:", "Reply-To:", and "Sender:" headers
> on the pd listmail which you are currently receiving
> to the 'nunh-unh' e-mail message from the listserver.
>
> if you need further help, contact me off-list.
>

> janet
> just another list-elfette
>
> ps
> the buttons at john cottingham's site do not work with all web browsers
>
> janet paterson

Hi Judy & Janet & All,
Thankyou Janet for your insightful reminder...

Too true... how could I forget about the potential for hardware/software
conflict/incompatibility... (demonstrating once more that two heads
ARE better 'n one) The buttons DON'T always work... (my apologies)

So... IF the buttons on John C's site don't work for you...

THEN try sending COMMANDS to the LISTSERV and if that option
doesn't work for you ...

THEN try asking for HELP (which Judy did) and one or more of us
will jump in and assist... (which I did 'n Janet did)

If that still doesn't help then one or more of us will
continue to help... ya just have to keep askin'....

We're all here to learn and support....

Let us know how ya make out...

All the best ......... murray