A PRIVATE NOTE

Nina,

I was quite disappointed to see your swan song and the next issue from
Houston.  You did a real service to the PD cause in Houston which spilled
over into other areas. Getting out a newsletter is no easy job.  I
particularly hate to see the reason for the change.  We have enough to
fight without having to scrap with each other.

Those of us who have been leaders should ease up, learn to enjoy the
pleasures of retirement while there is some enjoyable lifetime left, and
let the next generation of PWP take the reins. I talked with a friend of
Joan Samuelson this past week. I have known Joan since 1992 but have not
talked to Joan for about a year. She has been a great leader and has done a
good job, but Parkinson's is catching up with her. PAN's time had come and
Michael J. Fox came on the scene just when he was needed.  She was
successful in her lobbying and in finding a successor. I hope the Houston
group can find a worthy successor or have a successor quickly develop to
continue your work. Joan needs to take things easier now, and I understand
she is.

I know I am slowing down. I really want to turn running the chapter and
related matters over to a successor, but I have thus far found no one who
is both able and willing to take over. In Houston you have a large -
although widespread - population to draw from. I am not so fortunate.

While you have the opportunity, have fun!

Will Johnnston
A.P.D.A. DelMarVA Chapter Pres.
4049 Oakland School Road
Salisbury MD 21804 USA 410-543-0110