fwiw,
i am using two lines of reasoning with pro lifers, that seem to be quite  hard
to refute:

1. is my life not worth at least as much as that of a cluster of anonymous
embryonic cells  bound for destruction?

2  a biblical reference i found that to me clearly supports stem cell
research:
      Deuteronomy 22,7
      which roughly translated says t

 YOU MAY USE THE EGGS TO IMPROVE THE  QUALITY OF LIFE AND LENGTHEN THE DAYS OF MAN

maybe this will be of  help?

hilary blue