Marjorie,

I do not listen to warnings as you may know. My heart goes out to you
Marjorie and to all of you who are as disappointed as she is.  I will
continue to bombard my senator Slade Gorton (who is on the committee)
and my other one Patty Murray to vote yes and to talk to their
friends/cohorts in congress. I know that my representative and Sen
Gorton are up for re-election and this time I will remind them who votes
for them ( he is a republican so I have to lie but so has he ). I will
do anything I can do to make senators like yours open their eyes to the
pain and suffering all of you are living with, and to think how they
would feel if it was their body or one of their loved ones who would
benefit from this research. I know that not everyone on the list may
feel inside of them as I do, but open your eyes and especially your
hearts, and think that these are people we know-- they are not
strangers...Walk in their shoes or be in their wheel chairs or fear as
they do a future that is predictable at best. How could any group of
cells be more important than the family and loved ones who are parkies
that we know and love? Explain this to me please?

* seattle * Audrey