saw this made for television (i think) british (i think) movie called 'the
flip side of dominic hyde' in which the main character goes beck in time to be
his own great grandfather. i think he would have been able to change his place
of birth -- but i dont know how legal it would have been.

but believe me friend, i have spent many long hours wondering the same thing -
especially when the ALA wouldn't accredit my degree - just because of where i
was born!

somehow one learns to rise above it - and use it to one's advantage - and i am
proud to be a true African american now!

hilary
(just another librarian!)