Just a word from a Kansan re: what Brownback is trying to accomplish.  No one
should give him the benefit of the doubt on this.  He has made it clear
through the years that he would like to strike down Roe v. Wade, and takes a
dim view of using human cells for anything other than growing a baby in a
womb.

 He has learned his lessons in congress well, and will scuttle this bill or
undermine it or gut it in any way possible - and will be applauded by many of
his followers for his cleverness and "rightmindedness."  While some of the
amendments seem to be commonsense things almost every single one of us would
agree with, it has been pointed out that if adopted and interpreted strictly,
useful methods of research would be stopped.  I have no doubt in my mind that
this is Brownback's goal.

Let your senators know where you stand on this bill, and what a strict
interpretation of the amendments would mean.

On my better days I hope people like Brownback never have to experience a
debiliting illness like PD.  On other days, well....

Margie