Group -

As you know, I rarely post to the ListServe unless there is some important
news.  Well, what follows certainly qualifies.

I have just received permission to announce an upcoming television program in
which I have a small part.  Back in March a film crew from England's famed
BBC was here for an interview about my "pig cell" implant surgery.  They
filmed as I drove my Triumph around town, walked the nearby shore, and
conversed in the living room.  It took an entire day for them to complete
their work.

Apparently the program is nearing completion.  I expect to have an airing
date shortly.  In the UK it will be part of a series on medical technologies
which is shown on BBC One.  In North America I believe it will be broadcast
on either Discovery or TLC.  I'll let the group know as soon as they tell me.

End of story?  Not quite!  Yesterday I received a letter from Secretary
Shalala at the Dept. of Health and Human Services in Washington.  It was a
formal request to be on a special committee concerned with
xenotransplantation.  The position is that of a Patient Advocate.  I am both
thrilled and honored to be considered for this important role.

I'll keep you all informed -

Jim Finn