http://neuro-www.mgh.harvard.edu/forum_2/ParkinsonsDiseaseF/4.28.992.51PM70congressme.html

I found this early this morning in one of my searches.
I feel it had to be posted by a young PWP. Their outlook
is so to the point!!  I love young people and if I had my
career to do over, I'd be in a University instead of a
Public Library.

just me,
Marjorie

Click Here to Read our Forum Disclaimer and Statement of Purpose
This Web Forum is not moderated in any sense. Anyone on the Internet can
post articles or reply to previously posted articles, and they may do so
anonymously. Therefore, the opinions and statements made in all articles
and replies do not represent the official opinions of MGH and MGH
Neurology. Neither is MGH or MGH Neurology responsible for the content of
any articles or replies. No messages are screened for content.
70 congressmen Protest Stem Cell Researc
This article submitted by anonymous on 4/28/99.
Email Address: none

70 Congressmen wrote letters to Secy of Health & Human Services Donna
Shalala protesting funding of stem cell research on the basis of "ethics."
These same congressmen vote to fund military research (that kills & maims)
(without
ethical" qualms) but they have "ethical" problems with funding research to
help the sick & suffering!
Is your congresman 1 of the 70?
Nationaal Institutes of Health Director Harold Varmus stated, "stem cell
research has the potential of revolutionizing the practice of medicine."
ALL AMERICANS HAVE A STAKE IN THIS RESEARCH!
STEM CELL RESEARCH HAS THE POTENTIAL FOR CURING PARKINSON'S DISEASE. CAN WE
AFFORD TO MISS THIS CHANCE FOR A CURE?
U.S. congressmen & senators are paid with our tax dollars -- they work for us!
Their shortsightedness not only costs America in caring for disabled
Parkinsons patients but consider the cost in human suffering!
CONTACT YOUR REPRESENTATIVES AND LET THEM KNOW YOU WANT YOUR TAX DOLLARS TO
BE SPENT ON STEM CELL RESEARCH!
Next Article
Previous Article
Return to Neurological Disorder Topic Menu

Here is a list of responses that have been posted regarding this article...
·       ·       (5/7/99) 3:45 PM
·       ·       (5/4/99) 6:50 PM
·       ·       Embryos and fetuses used (5/4/99) 6:49 PM
·       ·       Embryos and fetueses used (5/4/99) 6:48 PM
·       ·       70 Congressmen Protest.... (5/2/99) 11:27 PM
·       ·       70 (4/28/99) 9:50 PM
·       ·       name the 70 (4/28/99) 3:47 PM

If you want to post a completely new article on any topic you like, click here.
If you would like to post a direct response to this article, fill out this
form completely...

Response Title:
Name:
Email:
Remember that your Name and Email Address are optional...you don't have to
enter them! You can remain completely anonymous if you like by leaving
these fields empty.
Response Text:

Click HERE to return to the main Neurology WebForum Homepage.

These forums are maintained by the Department of Neurology at Massachusetts
General Hospital
John Lester - Webspinner