dear Rick-- this reminds me of custody problems that Hilary Blue has had,
though in a different contaxt--not divorce.

I wonder if your neuro has testified to the judge as to your condition?
Could you offer to have your driving evaluated by a driving instructor?
You don't indicate what part PD may have played in the breakup of your
marriage, or whether there were other factors,and that may make a
difference. of course.  Would there be an objection to your having someone
else--a friend, relative, taxidriver--take you somewhere with the kids?  I
sense that you feel her attitude is from anger and a wish to punish you,
rather than  being based on your actual physical condition at present.  It
must be very hard--have you considered some counseling to help with the bad
feelings and explore possible practical steps you could take?
Please stay connected here---

>Hi folk,
>
>I am a 38 year old man with PD (dx at 31). My wife of 11 years decided to
>divorce me and began those proceedings about 16 months ago. We have two kids
>- a boy, age 6, and a girl, 20 months.
SNIPPED
>How does one convince a court or anyone else that as a PWP that I can manage
>my illness and that just because there are times when I refuse to drive
>should not infer that I cannot drive?
>
>Are there any advocacy groups out there who might be helpful?
>
>Any advice would be appreciated.
>
>Thank you,
>
>Rick Barrett

Camilla Flintermann, CG for Peter 82/70/55
Oxford, Ohio

           on PDWebring at
http://members.tripod.lycos.nl/genugten/flinterm.htm

                        "Ask me about the CARE list for