Dear "General Cordy", our dear zealous Jim,

You wrote:
>Our role is to put a human face on this dread disease, to convey our sense
>of urgency to >others, to motivate others to join TEAM PARKINSON, to share
>our urgency.

Whenever I've felt the most afraid and discouraged, you've had a gift for
choosing that time to throw some bracing cold water on my face: get with
the program, Yeowoman Yost!  Aye Aye, sir!

Just when I was veering towards bricking myself into some cozy hermitage,
overwhelmed by sadness at losing a much-loved brother to lymphoma, and
facing the insecurities of phasing out of the job world, there you are --
cajoling, encouraging. Thank you.

"None of us gets out of here alive," my father used to say.  All the more
reason why we need you, Jim, to help jolt us into savoring life while we
can.

Mary Yost
back in training for LA Marathon 2001
cheering from afar all day today for the Unity Walkers