Sandy Norris wrote
>    Dear List Family,   Upon separating from my husband I  have lost any
>insurance for medicines.  I have been in my own apartment now  for little
>over a month.  Close to my home is Cooperative Christian  Ministries.
>They could only give me partial assistance on meds and each  prescription
>was not filled completely.  The caseworker that assisted me  was gracious
>enough to give me this website address.  It has an  application you can
>print out for yourself.  After you fill out  application you are to mail
>in $5.00 processing fee for each prescription.  (To my understanding this
>is just a one time charge.)  This is still a deal  compared to the $620.87
>I am paying out each month from my $736.00 in  disability's benefits.  I
>hope this gives some help to those who stand  in need.  Much love.....
>Sandy Norris 40/28/20
>"Faith is  the daring of the soul to go farther than it can  see."

Sandy--- you should also check weith your doctor, as most pharmaceutical
companies have free meds available when requested through doctor for very
low incomes.  I'
ve slso forwarded to you a long post from murray Charters with lots of
websites etc.
Here's more info:

Here are some resources for free medications:

> The Medicine Program,
> P.O.Box 515,
> Doniphan, MO 63935-0515.
> Phone: 1-573-778-1118
> Internet: http//:www.themedicineprogram.com
> e-mail:[log in to unmask]

 ###################
ALSO
  Many of the pharmaceutical companies make their products available free
of charge to patients who do not have the means to pay for them. The
following companies have indicated that all prescription products
manufactured by their company are covered under their programs:

Allergan
Burroughs-Wellcome
Glaxo, Inc
Marrion Merrell Dow, Inc.
Miles
Parke-Davis
Sanofi Winthrop
Amgen, Inc.
Du Pont Merck
Hoffman-LaRoche
Merck
Norwich-Eaton
Smithkline Beecham
Upjon

Normally, your physican has to make the request and the amount may vary
from one to a three month supply per request. Of course, the doctor has
sales reps from all these companies visiting him/her on a continual basis
(usually at the same time as your appointment) and will have the
information available to them.
   You have to REALLY be financially indigent (i.e. can't afford gas for
your '95 Volvo) to be eligible for these programs, however, your doctor
will help you to become financially indigent.
#######################

WEBSITE FOR FREE MEDS----
Some of the drug manufacturers will provide medications free if your
physician requests it.The information is online at:
http://www.phrma.org/patients/

You need to check the manufacturers of any medications you are using,
then look up that mfr on the website and determine whether they are
offering that particular medication. You then take the information to
your physician who can request the company provide it to you. Don't be
put off by information stating that the individual must have exhausted
all other resources -- in most cases, your physician makes the
determination, and makes the request to the pharmaceutical company.

If you don't have access to the Internet, you can ask your public
library to access this site and print it out for you.