Juanita - Sounds like your childhood was somewhat like mine.  Although we
never had outdoor plumbing, my mother's sister's family did.  And I've
used a slop jar at their house.  We had to bathe in a #3 wash tub while
there.  I would go and spend most of the summer with them.  I remember
them having a shed where they kept pototaes piled on the floor and onions
hanging from the ceiling.  Oh, yes, and garlic too.  I remember one time
my Dad helped my uncle butcher a hog and they made me watch so I
could get an education.  Some education, all right.  It is good to
reminence.  It seems to make our childhood seem not so bad as we once
thought it was, huh?  I think the pink flamingoes flew to Houston and
ended up in a courtyard of a townhouse I have listed
for sell.  Best to you. Jo Ann