Hi Eddy and Carolyn...

I'm 57 and have had PD for almost 26 years,  I had a successful
unilateral pallidotomy (brain surgery on one side of the brain for
relief of PD symptoms in Oct. 1994.

I had collagen injections into my vocal cords initially performed
by UCLA'S Dr. Gerald Burke with a near perfect return of my
"normal" voice.  The injections last from 3 to 6 months, and mine
lasted the whole 6 months and cost me $500.

I asked Kaiser  of they offered this procedure to their patients
and they didn't know if rhey did or not.  I called all the Kaiser
facilities in the Greater Los Angeles Metropolitan Area  - one
after another as the Kaiser I regularly go to is in Woodland
Hills, CA - till I found ONE that said they  did that  procedure,
and what's more, the MD who did the collagen  injections and been
trained in this procedure Dr. Burke!

I drove to the Kaiser Metropolitan branch and their MD piddled
around, turning a 5 minute procedure into an HOUR long procedure
that didn't work.  And it didn't work the 3 or 4 OTHER times he
tried to do it! AND it  didn't work when Dr. Burke did it again!
It seems my body ABSORBED the collagen with 12 hours of getting
it!

That's my story.... SO FAR.

Barb Mallut