Yes, Marjorie is on her soapbox again!!

I have deliberately not posted for several days
trying to let my temper abate. I really don't
like to hurt peoples feelings.
However, IMOHO, its time to access where we
are ,and above all , exactly what we are.

  There are, by my count on PIENO, 28 Parkinson's Disease Organizations
in the World today, probably be more of them tomorrow.
I feel we should leave the GROUP advocacy to these groups.
Each one of these groups have paid staff and are registered
as Non-Profit Organizations, each one is specialized for the
people they serve, which to me makes having ONE big organization
an impossibility.  Cooperation YES, ONE organization NO!!

We are, above all, a SUPPORT GROUP, we are not controlled
by any of the above mentioned 28 World PD Organizations,
nor should we be.  We are an independent group of
PWP's, without which ,these 28 World PD Organizations
would have serve no purpose.

We are not an Advocacy Group, and I certainly hope we
have sense enough not to try to become one.
We don't want to register, lose our status with the Un.
of Toronto as being PWP's and entitled to free access
through Barb Patterson's generosity. We don't want
to hire a paid staff. Volunteerism by ill persons just
won't work, if any of us have that much energy then
we'd still be working full time, not volunteering.

Indeed, we may be "small potatoes" compared to other
diseases, but its our disease and we are stuck with it
for a lifetime ,or at least till they find a cure.

We may email and we may FAX  and phone "till we are
blue in the face", but we shall continue to do so,
because that's just the way we are.  We will NEVER
give up and we will be INVISIBLE NO MORE!!!
Thanks to Barb P. for the slogan.

To paraphrase a now deceased Senator from Florida, Claude Pepper,
who said that very two years the people of the United State grab the
steering wheel
and nudge us into the direction we should be going.

Well, it's our turn to nudge, not just for PD but for all the other diseases
and birth defects which might, just might, stand a chance through Stem Cell
Research.

Now, lets all GO GET 'EM!!!
Email your Senators and Reps. and find out how they
feel about Stem Cell Research!!!
Then make certain you are registered in your State to
vote, or have an absentee ballot, if you don't vote,
we won't listen to your complaints!!!

just me,
Marjorie 67/58/55