Monday, 25 September, 2000, 08:21 GMT 09:21 UK
Male-only conception 'highly speculative'
http://news.bbc.co.uk/hi/english/sci/tech/newsid_940000/940790.stm

Hi All,
I just saw this and it raises the hair on the back of my neck.
I'm sure this is exactly the type of "tampering" with Mother Nature
that drives people like the Honorable Senator from Kansas.  I know
it disturbs me. I know it's hypothetical and not on this continent
but I think it is still somewhat relevant to the Stem Cell Research
debate...

Stuff like this is precisely why we need research under the strict
guidelines, reporting, and accountability  set down by the NIH.  Stuff
like this is precisely why we need the Senate to pass Bill S.2015 ...

The American public should start shouting about the necessity of Bill
S.2015 and not allow Sen. Brownback to highjack this Bill on a
pretext of moral high ground.  This Bill is not about moral issues.
The bottom line at this time is that Sen. Brownback in my opinion is
simply defending the right of left over in-vitro embryonic cells to be
incinerated versus permitting guided medical research with the potential
to eradicate diseases.

There's my "rant" for today...    murray