yes, but when we are discussing stem cell research,
the question is are awe discussing an unborn baby?
first of all,
the 'cell clusters' are not viable on their own -
a specious argument , i agree
but to me the real argument is -
they are bound for destruction anyway.
they are going to be incinerated.
they are waste material that is going to be destroyed.
they are - if you believe they are living matter -
 about to be murder victims.
and when a man is murdered,
do we say his heart cannot be used for transplant,
so that another man may live.
 do we say his cornea cannot give vision to a blind man.
 do we say his kidney may  not spare someone
from spending the rest pf their lives on a dialysis machine.
NO, we mourn his death,
and then rejoice in the improved quality of life
or  even of the life itself that the recipients can enjoy.
i know - i keep on reading their stories in readers digest!
and so this little cell cluster, bound for the trash heap ,
could give quality of life e and length of days
(in accordance with Deuternonomy chapter 22, verse 7)
to someone w ith a muscular degenerative disease
like ours. or diabetes, etc
and i would love to read about it in readers digest!

and although personally i do not support the death penalty,
 i can see the reasoning on certain cases.

but by banning  stem cell research -
are you not supporting the death penalty for me?

hilary blue