Ken,
Do you remember the trucks with rides on the back?  They used to come around
our neighborhood when I lived in Brooklyn.  I remember the bumper cars and I
know there were others, but after fifty years, it's a wonder I remember that.
 There was also the Good Humor man on summer evenings.  I guess it's a good
thing we can't go back in time 'cause I'm not sure I'd come back.  I'm not
sure whether I'd go back to Brooklyn or to Maxton, NC That's where my Mom is
from and I loved it there too.  It's totally the opposite of Brooklyn--very
small with lots of farms around.  OK--no more.  I'm making myself homesick.
:-)
Eleanor