Juanita -

Dick had a similar infection a couple of years ago.  The cultures take so
long to grow that if the antibiotic they're trying isn't the right one, it
won't knock the infection down very quickly.  Dick turned out to have an
antibiotic resistant staph infection, and ended up in the hospital for ten
days!  I'm certainly hoping that's not what you're dealing with, but I'll
just mention that if he improves slightly for a couple of days and then isn't
improving as quickly, or at all, be sure to push the doctor to try something
else, even though he won't have culture results back yet.

BTW, I don't know how many other PWP end up with infections like this, but I
know Dick stays active and doesn't let things like falls, cuts, and bruises
slow him down.  In fact, many times he's not aware of them.  Therefore, of
course, he's a lot more prone to these infections than someone who isn't
always getting new bumps and bruises.

Hang in there.  There are plenty of days when it seems that one more thing is
just TOO MUCH!   I hope he's feeling better soon.

Margie