Hello  everyone,

I have been a quiet subscriber and have been amazed by the way you
act  in a very positive  way  to  cope with each one of  the problems with
PD.Since I joined this ML,I  have been reflecting my very passive attitude
toward  my PD for the last
12 years with PD after  I was diagnosed  at the of 26.

 So I  wrote to a letter to the  biggest newspaper in Japan about the
hearing
of Michael J Fox.
Yet I haven't heard anything from them nor have't seen any aritcles about
MJF whose films
 have been watched by millions of Japanese people.

  My husband said they would get interested only in something people would
get interested in. I
thought they would when you think about the tremendous hope the stemcells'
transplantation
 would  bring to the people with serious illness like Pd  or diabetes.

I have been making a homepage on Pd in Japanese ,wishing I could do
something about raising the awareness on PD in Japan.I also
have been looking for ways  to share and exchange  the infor on PD in Japan
and the infor you put on this ML
in English from all over the world.

I am currently living in UK.
I am wondering why Requip (Ropinirole)is not still available in Japan .A lot
of  evidence  has been presented  about the efficacy of the advanced PD
as well as the early stage of  Pd.  They  haven't got Tolcapone nor
Entacapone neither. And many of the Japanese Parkinsonians are very
interested in Sinemet CR which is not on market in Japan. My learning curve
on PD is very steep now.

Getting involved in something positive on PD really energyes me .
I want to get out of my shell and do what  I can do with my best ablities.

Tomoko Abe(Mrs)