Juanita and Barb -

I think it's good to be aware of some of the awful possibilities, and not a
bad idea to make sure the docs have considered everything.  But if it helps
to reassure you, Juanita, I can tell you Dick's leg got equally red and
scaly, and eventually he lost every BIT of the top layer of skin from the
knee down, much as with a severe sunburn.  I decided that it made sense when
we considered that his leg was swollen, at one point, to double its normal
size.  I pictured an overstuffed sausage bursting out of its skin!

I also saw a scary TLC program on that flesh-eating bacterium, and it looked
as if it progresses to something awful almost overnight.  We saw some of
those nice color videos with the flesh turned black.  I suspect if George is
just experiencing redness and nothing is progressing rapidly, he's probably
dealing with a more garden variety infection.

Anyway, hang in there.  Congratulations on your positive attitude and on your
wonderful second-time-around marriage.

Margie