I may be somewhat biased but I had a good time.

By the numbers:

5,000 estimated walkers (double last year).

$500,000+ dollars raised (est.)

15,000+ sq ft of tent and clear plastic dropcloth for the forecast rain

3,500 t-shirts

1000's of bagels and pastries and beverages supplied by Pepsico.

300+ "make a sign" placards

150 volunteers

100+ teams (including a 100-member Spin City Team)

Dozens of team and corporate banners.

14 distinguished guests on the Podium including:
Martin Tuchman & Margaret Tuchman (of the Parkinson Alliance)
Helen Gurley Brown (former editor of Cosmopolitan)
Barbara Williams (the woman who got her son basketball star Jason
William's to join the PD fundraising community)
Rep. Carolyn Maloney (the founder of the first advocacy team for PD in
the House),
Mark Green (NYC public advocate- his dad had PD)
Terry Drucker (volunteer directer of public relations of the PUW)
Thomas Beck (VP of Development for Parkinson's Institute.  Thomas left
an executive job in banking to help raise funds for PD research after
his mom was DX'd)
Earl Ubell (retired broadcast journalist and VP of the PUW)
Dr. John Rogers (Chair of Dept. of Neuology at Beth Israel Hospital, NYC
- a National Parkinson Foundation Center of Excellence
Dr. Enrico Fazzinni - ParkinsonDoctor.com representing the American
Parkinson Disease Association
Margot Zobel (President of the PUW and a great, great lady)
Ken Aidekman (who?)
Frank Field - (longtime New York TV weatherman & science editor)

6 golf carts

5 major Parkinson's organizations (that should find a way to become one)

4 neurologists at ask the doctors

2 great live bands

2 miles of walking

1 boca bovine (soon to be auctioned on amazon.com with proceeds to PD)1
new Parkinson's

1 brand new book with stories from this bulletin board - Voices from the
Parking Lot

1 Michael J. Fox

Margot and I wish to acknowledge and thank the hundreds of volunteers
who worked so hard this past year to make Unity Day a great success.

To those of you who traveled long distances to be part of the Walk,
thank you.   I hope you enjoyed the day and that your trip was pleasant
and worthwhile.