The icebox story reminds me of a similar experience.  We had one of those old
refrigerators with the rounded edges.  My brother and I decided it would be
fun to swing on the refrigerator door, and of course tipped the whole thing
over on ourselves.  We were fortunate that the open door caught on the
kitchen table before the refrigerator flattened us.  We sat there covered in
eggs, milk, jelly, and everything else messy you can think of until my mother
managed to rescue us.  Then we got to spend the rest of the day sitting in
the corner while she cleaned it up, muttering to herself.  No doubt that day
our genteel mother came as close to cursing as she ever did.

Margie

<<  Anyway,