This year was our third time at the Unity walk. We totally agree with
what Ken Aidekman has already written and Perry Cohen's posting about
the emphasis on unity in some of the speeches. Margot, Ken and everyone
involved did a OUTSTANDING job. Everyone mentioned by Ken up on the
stage we thank for being a part of the greatest walk ever(till next
year)!! A special thanks goes to MJF who has brought new hope to every
one of us. Very sadly missed this year was the presence of Joan Samulson
the founder of PAN who began the political movement for research
funding. PAN has evolved into the Michael J. Fox Foundation.
Just as impressive as the illustrious people on the stage were the over
5 THOUSAND people who came from all over to be apart of this gathering
of a "family". I saw people who came with assorted types of canes,
wheelchairs etc. People who could hardly walk but with the physical
support of others walked proudly in the Unity walk.
Another great experience was getting to meet a lot of you from the
listserv who we have only know through your postings. Hi to all of you.
Tired but happy back from the walk,
Donna and John (52/46/45) Testa